Symptoms Of Asbestos Exposure: Could A Family Member Have Mesothelioma?
Early diagnosis of mesothelioma offers the best hope of survival. Unfortunately, the symptoms of mesothelioma vary widely and often mimic the symptoms of other medical conditions.
The keys to an accurate and timely diagnosis are knowing the common symptoms and making the connection to past asbestos exposure. Our law firm connects individuals and concerned family members with medical specialists who can confirm mesothelioma or asbestos lung cancer and help clients choose the most beneficial treatment options.
Nationwide Legal Help For Mesothelioma Victims And Families
Symptoms Of Asbestos Exposure And Mesothelioma
The experienced lawyers of The Gori Law Firm, have handled thousands of cases of asbestos-related diseases throughout the United States. While we are not qualified to make medical assessments, we are all too familiar with the typical symptoms of mesothelioma:
- Shortness of breath from any exertion
- Difficulty breathing
- Coughing fits or coughing up blood
- Pain in the chest or lower back
- Rapid weight loss and loss of appetite
- Impaired bowel function
- Abdominal bloating
- Chronic fatigue
The most common form is pleural mesothelioma, a cancer of the lining that encompasses the lungs. Other forms of mesothelioma invade the linings around the abdominal organs, the heart or the testicles.
If you or your spouse or parent has any of these symptoms, you should consult your family physician as soon as possible or seek out a specialist such as a pulmonologist or oncologist who can confirm or rule out mesothelioma.
Symptoms Of Asbestosis Or Asbestos Lung Cancer
Asbestos lung cancer is a tumor in the actual lungs, whereas mesothelioma forms in the outer lining. The symptoms are similar, but not identical to mesothelioma:
- Shortness of breath and easy fatigue
- Chronic coughing or coughing up blood
- Recurring bronchitis or pneumonia
- Swelling in the neck and face
- Pain when inhaling deeply
- Chest, shoulder and back pain
- Weight loss
Asbestosis is a progressive lung ailment that is debilitating by itself and can be a precursor to cancer. There are overlapping symptoms with cancer, as well as certain telltale symptoms:
- Shortness of breath with exertion
- Chronic fatigue
- Chest pain and painful breaths
- A crackling sound when drawing breath
- Sudden weight loss
- Clubbing of the fingers or changes in fingernails
Serving Mesothelioma Victims Throughout The United States
Based in Madison County, Illinois, we handle mesothelioma cases nationwide by associating with legal counsel in other states. Whether you have a confirmed diagnosis or merely suspicions, our experienced attorneys can answer your questions, direct you to good doctors and leading treatment centers, and take prompt action on your potential lawsuits.
For a free case evaluation, please call our law offices directly or contact us online.
- Mesothelioma, Lung Cancer & Smoking
- Mesothelioma Research At Mayo Clinic
- Leading U.S. Treatment Centers
- Surgery And Other Treatments
- What To Expect In Tests And Diagnosis
- Symptoms Of Asbestos Exposure
- Mesothelioma Resources & Coping Strategies
- Asbestos Lung Cancer
- The Asbestos-Mesothelioma Connection