Mark Thomas graduated from Edwardsville High School and headed to the University of Evansville in Indiana to play football. In 1999, he graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Marketing. After graduating from the University of Evansville, Mr. Thomas went on to attend law school at Tulane University, in New Orleans, Louisiana, and graduated with a Certificate in European Legal Studies as well as a Certificate in Sports Law.
Mr. Thomas worked in Chicago, Illinois representing condominium and homeowners' associations, returning to Madison County in 2007 to work in the Madison County State's Attorney's Office as a prosecutor. In 2009, he joined The Gori Law Firm, and has since dedicated his career to helping those that have been affected by exposure to asbestos. In July of 2017, Mr. Thomas became a partner at the firm. Growing up in a blue collar family, Mr. Thomas developed a strong worth ethic with core values and is dedicated to helping others.
He is currently licensed to practice law in Illinois and Missouri and is a member of the American Bar Association, Illinois State Bar Association, Illinois Trial Lawyers Association and Madison County Bar Association.
Areas Of Practice
- Personal Injury-Plaintiff 100%
- Asbestos Litigation
- Illinois, 2002
- Missouri, 2010
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 2004
- Tulane Law School, New Orleans, Louisiana
- J.D. - 2002
- Honors: Certificate of European Legal Studies
- Honors: Sports Law Certificate
- University of Evansville, Evansville, Indiana
- B.A. - 1999
- Major: Marketing
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member, 2009
- Madison County Bar Association, Member, 2007
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Office of the State's Attorney Madison County, IL, Assistant State's Attorney, 2007 to 2009
- Barnett Law Firm, Ltd, Attorney, 2003 to 2006
Why Choose The Gori Law Firm?
With over 100 years of combined legal experience, we guide our clients through the litigation process by addressing questions and concerns and about the outcome every step of the way. Read More
The team at The Gori Law Firm fights hard for clients, working to get the compensation and the settlement they deserve, obtaining over $3 billion in verdicts and settlements for our clients. Read More
We are more than just experienced attorneys: our team is also made up of highly trained paralegals and professionals specially trained to deal with the demands of these complex cases. Read More