Upon graduating from law school, Chad Mooney began working at a boutique law firm in St. Clair County, Illinois, focused solely on injured victims and their families. While there, Mr. Mooney represented plaintiffs in a variety of areas of personal injury, including sexual harassment, racial discrimination, medical malpractice, product liability, and consumer class actions.
Mr. Mooney successfully argued to the Missouri Court of Appeals, Eastern District that a trial court in a medical malpractice case had committed reversible error by precluding plaintiffs from questioning the defendant’s expert witness regarding his tort reform efforts. This would have shown the jury the witness’s personal bias towards plaintiffs in medical malpractice cases.
Mr. Mooney now focuses primarily on mass tort litigation.
Areas Of Practice
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Illinois
- Ohio Northern University Pettit College of Law, Ada, Ohio
- Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- St. Clair County Bar Association