Chris T. Layloff was raised in the steel town of Granite City, Illinois. He graduated from Saint Louis University with a dual-degree in finance and economics in 2005, and received his J.D. from Saint Louis University School of Law in 2008. Following law school, Mr. Layloff worked in many areas of practice, with nearly 100% of his cases involving injured plaintiffs. He spent a couple of years working in the office of a United States Senator, but soon returned to his first love: litigating on behalf of the injured. In 2020, Chris was named one of the Top 10 Asbestos/Mesothelioma Trial Lawyers in Illinois by National Trial Lawyers. This honor is only given to a select group of lawyers for their achievements in the field.
Mr. Layloff is a member of the American Bar Association, Illinois State Bar Association, Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, American Association for Justice, Madison County Bar Association, St. Clair County Bar Association and East St. Louis Bar Association.
Areas Of Practice
- Personal Injury Litigation 100%
- Illinois, 2008
- Missouri, 2009
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Illinois, 2009
- District of Columbia, 2017
- Saint Louis University School of Law, St. Louis, Missouri
- J.D. - 05/2008
- Honors: Concentrations in Business Transactional Law and Urban Development, Land Use and Environmental Law
- Saint Louis University, Saint Louis, Missouri
- B.S., in Business Administration - 05/2005
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Economics & Finance
- Minor: International Business
- Co-Author, Advanced Rulings-Taxpayers Can Obtain Binding Tax Advice from State Taxing Authorities-Part I, Journal of Multistate Taxation and Incentives, December, 2007
- Co-Author, Advanced Rulings-Taxpayers Can Obtain Binding Tax Advice from State Taxing Authorities-Part II, Journal of Multistate Taxation and Incentives, February, 2008
- Co-Author, Advanced Rulings-Taxpayers Can Obtain Binding Tax Advice from State Taxing Authorities-Part III, Journal of Multistate Taxation and Incentives, March/April, 2008
- Co-Author, Advanced Rulings-Taxpayers Can Obtain Binding Tax Advice from State Taxing Authorities-Part IV, Journal of Multistate Taxation and Incentives, May, 2008
- Co-Author, Advanced Rulings-Taxpayers Can Obtain Binding Tax Advice from State Taxing Authorities-Part V, Journal of Multistate Taxation and Incentives, July, 2008
- HarrisMartin's Webinar Series Speaker, December 2020. Topic: Remote Proceedings in Madison County in 2020 and Beyond.
- Trial Lawyer Lessons Learned During Quarantine” Webinar Speaker, September 2020. Topic: Hearings, Depositions & Client Meetings in a Remote Environment.
- National Legal Decisions Directly Impacting Asbestos Litigation, Co-Presenter: National Asbestos Litigation Conference, San Francisco, CA, September - 2019
- Discovery Issues in Asbestos Litigation, Managing the Rule 206 Corporate Representative Deposition, What's Viable and What's Not in Protective Orders - 2017
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- Madison County Bar Association
- St. Clair County Bar Association
- East St. Louis Bar Association
- Sigma Chi
- Phi Alpha Delta
Why Choose The Gori Law Firm?
With over 100 years of combined legal experience, we guide our clients through the litigation process by addressing questions and concerns and about the outcome every step of the way. Read More
The team at The Gori Law Firm fights hard for clients, working to get the compensation and the settlement they deserve, obtaining over $3 billion in verdicts and settlements for our clients. Read More
We are more than just experienced attorneys: our team is also made up of highly trained paralegals and professionals specially trained to deal with the demands of these complex cases. Read More