Can I Sue For Compensation If I Have Mesothelioma?
Bottom line: If you believe you or a loved one was exposed to asbestos leading to mesothelioma or lung cancer, it is critical to act quickly. That is because the moment you are diagnosed, the clock is starting against you due to the statute of limitations. Once the statute of limitations has expired, any claim you may have had against negligent parties is forfeited.
Victims diagnosed with mesothelioma or lung cancer caused by asbestos can sue for damages. These damages can include:
- Past and future medical bills
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Emotional damages
- Pain and suffering
If you have a lost a loved one due to mesothelioma, you may still have a wrongful death claim. A wrongful death claim is one that is filed on behalf of a loved one. Damages can include medical bills, loss of consortium, funeral expenses as well as any pain and suffering.
Discuss Your Legal Rights With An Experienced Attorney
Every case is different and requires the analysis of a skilled attorney. At The Gori Law Firm, we have been helping victims and their families obtain compensation for their injuries and losses since the 1990s. At present, we have secured more than $3 billion in settlements and verdict awards for our clients.
Find Out More About Mesothelioma Compensation Options — Free Case Assessment
The Illinois asbestosis lawyers at The Gori Law Firm, have handled hundreds of mesothelioma cases and thousands of asbestosis and asbestos lung cancer lawsuits across the country. For a free case evaluation, please call our law offices directly or contact us online. An experienced Madison County attorney will be available to discuss your specific case.
- Is There A Specific Amount Of Asbestos Exposure Needed To Cause Mesothelioma?
- What Are My Options If I’ve Been Diagnosed With Mesothelioma?
- Can I Sue For Compensation If I Have Mesothelioma?
- What Is the Difference Between Lung Cancer and Mesothelioma?
- How Long Does It Take To Develop Mesothelioma?
- How Does Someone Get Mesothelioma?
- Can Mesothelioma Be Cured?
- What Is the Life Span for Someone With Mesothelioma?
- What Are Your Legal Rights?
- What Is Mesothelioma?