James Stever graduated from Highland High School in 1989 and went on to Western Illinois University in Macomb, Illinois graduating cum laude in 1993 with a BA in Political Science and minors in French and Economics.
Mr. Stever attended law school at St. Louis University and graduated in 2006. He was a Law Clerk at Simmons Cooper and then worked in the Law Offices of Michael R Bilbrey before coming to work at The Gori Law Firm. Covering many personal injury jury trials and focusing his efforts almost solely on asbestos cases, Mr. Stever is a member of the American Bar Association, Illinois State Bar Association, and Illinois Trial Lawyers Association.
Areas Of Practice
- Illinois, 2006
- Missouri, 2007
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Illinois, 2007
- Wisconsin, 2015
- Saint Louis University School of Law, St. Louis, Missouri
- J.D. - 2006
- Western Illinois University, Macomb, Illinois
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member, 2011 to Present
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member, 2006 to Present
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 2006 to Present
Past Employment Positions
- Simmons Cooper, Law Clerk
Honors and Awards
- National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Civil Plaintiff Trial Lawyers in Illinois
Why Choose The Gori Law Firm?
With over 100 years of combined legal experience, we guide our clients through the litigation process by addressing questions and concerns and about the outcome every step of the way. Read More
The team at The Gori Law Firm fights hard for clients, working to get the compensation and the settlement they deserve, obtaining over $3 billion in verdicts and settlements for our clients. Read More
We are more than just experienced attorneys: our team is also made up of highly trained paralegals and professionals specially trained to deal with the demands of these complex cases. Read More